The historic renovation of Lincoln High School provides the community with a state-of the-art education facility for 1,600 students. Originally built in 1906, the 194,000 SF facility was restored in a modern and high-tech manner while retaining its historical features. Areas of the high school were adapted to new functions including converting the original auditorium to a new state-of-the-art library and media center, a performing arts center and creating larger classrooms from the old gym. Material re-use included turning old balusters of the gym track railing into benches distributed across the campus. This GC/CM project is located in the bustling Wallingford neighborhood—careful preplanning and material logistics ensured the community was not adversely affected.