On September 10th, 44 team members, participated for the Team ZGF-Hoffman in behalf of the annual Bike MS 2016 fundraiser, a 2-day event. Some of the team’s participants rode the full distance, 100 miles on Saturday and another 74 miles on Sunday. The Team donations exceeded their initial team goal of $27,000, raising nearly $53,000 for the MS Society. Valley Electric helped sponsor Team ZGF-Hoffman (along with a second team in this great event).
Collectively, Bike MS and other fundraising efforts have helped accelerate research breakthroughs that change lives and will end MS forever. The benefits of these donations are:
- There are more therapies specifically approved for treating and managing MS … and there are more potential MS therapies in development today than at any other time in history.
- MS is more quickly diagnosed, enabling early and sustained therapy to slow disease activity.
- There is much greater awareness of the many symptoms of MS and ways to address them to improve quality of life.
- Scientists are making breakthroughs in identifying risk factors that can increase a person’s susceptibility to MS, which will help lead to ways to prevent the disease.
- In addition, the MS Society works to ensure each person with MS can live their best life with more connections to information, resources and others with shared experiences, and the voices of people with MS are heard and drive change wherever it is needed.